I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy day

I don't know why, today, I felt what a cheerful and happy day for me. First of all, I woke up early at dawn as I heard Azan Subuh. Then at 7.30 a.m., my housemates and I got a bus and went to INTEC as usual to proceed our lesson.

In my class, which is MEG 4 ( Middle East Egypt), we distributed the photocopy notes of Biology and Computer Literacy. As we calculatting the money, Miss Adilah entered our class. All of us seemed like stunned and quiet. About five minutes later, my friends asked me to tell Miss Adilah about the real situation since I sat in front. So, I told Miss Adilah that the first period of this morning, ( 8.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m) supposed to be Arabic. Now, she had know why all of us puzzled when she entered just now. In fact, Miss Adilah entered the class early while her class started at 10.00 a.m. until 12.00 p.m.

During English lesson, today we learnt the first and second topic in our textbook. The topics are ' So, What can I do For You' and 'When did the problem begin'. These lessons are all about our practices to be a doctor in our future. We did discussions in pairs and together. There are actually 8 steps that should be taken by a doctor in order to examine a patient. They are :
  • Introductory 'small talk'
  • Chief complaint
  • History of present condition
  • Past medical history
  • medication
  • Social history
  • Family history
  • Physical examination

Introductory 'small talk' is about the personal conversation between the doctor and patient that are not related to the disease and condition of the patient. Then, Chief complaint is about patient's illness which answered by the patient like stomachache, earache and etc. History of present condition is have in experience with the disease before, while the 'Past medical history' is the previous disease that the patient has. Next, 'medication' is the medicine that should be taken by the patient. Then, the Social history is about the patient's lifestyle before such as smoking, career and exercises. Family history is about the parents, siblings and relatives who have suffered a certain disease. Last but not least, the physical examination.